• Coinbase ha anunciado que está construyendo su blockchain de capa 2 utilizando el OP Stack en colaboración con Optimism, lo que ha provocado un aumento del 6.5% del token Optimism (OP).
• La blockchain de capa 2 de Coinbase, llamada Base, no contará con un token nativo como otras blockchains de capa 2.
• El primer exchange descentralizado, protocolo de préstamo y aplicaciones descentralizadas esperan tener un buen rendimiento una vez que la red principal esté activa.
Coinbase Se Asocia Con Optimism Para Construir Blockchain De Capa 2
Coinbase anunció recientemente que está construyendo su propio blockchain de capa 2 utilizando el OP Stack en colaboración con Optimism. Esto provocó un aumento del 6.5% en el precio del token optimism (OP) -el token nativo del protocolo Optimism- el jueves pasado.
Características De La Blockchain De Capa 2
La blockchain de capa 2 de Coinbase se llama Base y difiere significativamente de otras blockchains de capa 2 al no contar con un token nativo como Polygon (MATIC). Estos productos similares se esperan que tengan buen rendimiento en protocolos como Arbitrum, Polygon y Optimism una vez que la red principal esté activada.
Mercados Reaccionan Al Anuncio
Tras el anuncio por parte de Coinbase, el precio cotizaba a US$3,04 mientras que el precio del token MATIC no sufrió grandes cambios luego del anuncio. Además, Coinbase abrió hace algunos meses un marketplace para tokens no fungibles (NFT) pero los volúmenes siguen siendo bajos comparados con los competidores OpenSea y LooksRare según datos Dune Analytics.
Escalabilidad En Ethereum Aumentara Con Nuevas Soluciones Comerciales
Con la llegada de nuevas soluciones comerciales basadas en la plataforma Ethereum como base para mejorar la escalabilidad y eficiencia operativa entre los usuarios finales y las empresas, las perspectivas parecen ser prometedoras para este proyecto.
En general, los avances tecnológicos relacionados con la infraestructura subyacente permitirán a las empresas optimizar sus operaciones mediante herramientas innovadoras basadas en Ethereum; sin embargo, todavía queda mucho camino por recorrer antes de ver resultados concretos derivados del desarrollo tecnológico a gran escala
• The TRU token of decentralized lending protocol TrueFi surged 220% on Thursday in an hour due to speculation over a Binance stablecoin transaction.
• The speculated connection between TUSD and TRU tokens is misplaced because the issuers of the two tokens have been separated since 2020.
• Binance Minted $50 million of TrueUSD (TUSD) stablecoin, potentially gaining a larger role in trading on Binance after the regulatory crackdown on the Paxos-issued Binusd (BUSD).
TRU Token Rallies Over 200% After Binance’s TUSD Mint Sparks Speculation
The rally appears to come from traders mistakenly connecting TRU with TUSD, a stablecoin that had been issued by TrueFi in the past but now no longer is.
TrustToken sold TUSD in 2020 to a firm called Techteryx, according to an announcement by TrustToken Chief Executive Rafael Cosman at the time. The post said Techteryx is an “Asia-based conglomerate with businesses … in the traditional real estate, entertainment, environmental and information technology industries.”TrustToken also separated from the TrueFi protocol and was renamed Archblock last year, as TrueFi embarked on a road to decentralize the platform.
TRU surged as high as 14.6 cents from 4.4 cents on Binance before later paring some of the gains. The token was trading at around 11 cents at press time.Earlier this week, Paxos said it would halt minting BUSD on orders from New York regulators following its unauthorised listing earlier this month without prior approval.
Implications for Stablecoins Market
The event sparked speculation among crypto traders about TUSD potentially gaining a larger role in trading on Binance after the regulatory crackdown on the Paxos-issued Binance USD (BUSD). Read more: B USD Drama Sets Stage for Stablecoin Market ReshufflingHowever,misplaced because the issuers of the True USD and TRU tokens were separated a while ago.
The speculative flurry over a Binance stablecoin transaction has caused TRU token to surge by over 200%. Despite being mistakenly associated with each other, it appears that both coins have been separated since last year; thus reducing any potential implications for either coin’s market performance or stability going forward.
• Kraken exchange has agreed to shut down its US crypto-staking operations and pay a $30 million settlement to the SEC for offering unregistered securities.
• The SEC voted on the settlement in a closed-door meeting and an announcement is expected later in the day.
• Kraken offered a number of services under its staking umbrella, including a crypto-lending product with up to 24% yield, as well as 20% APY rewards paid out twice per week.
Kraken Agreed to Shutter US Crypto-Staking Operations
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) announced Thursday that crypto exchange Kraken will “immediately” end its crypto staking-as-a-service platform for U.S. customers, and pay $30 million to settle charges it offered unregistered securities.
SEC Meeting in Closed Door Session
CoinDesk Global Policy and Regulation Managing Editor Nikhilesh De discusses the details and wider implications of this news, noting that the SEC is meeting in a closed door session on Thursday to vote on this deal.
Closing Down of Staking Services
Under the settlement, Kraken’s crypto staking services are expected to be shut down for U.S customers – which included a crypto lending product offering up to 24% yield, as well as 20% APY rewards paid out twice per week according Bloomberg’s report from Wednesday..
Implications for Crypto Regulation
Nikhilesh De further discussed the wider implications for crypto regulation posed by this news, noting that regulatory clarity remains key for industry growth.
In conclusion, this news signals an important step forward in terms of providing regulatory clarity around cryptocurrency staking products and services in the United States – something which is essential if we are to see sustained growth within this sector going forward.
• Bittrex, a Seattle-based cryptocurrency exchange, is laying off more than 80 people due to the “new economic environment” of the market downturn.
• This follows other crypto exchanges that have recently announced layoffs due to sharp declines in cryptocurrency prices and the collapse of FTX exchange and other prominent crypto firms.
• CoinDesk estimates that since April more than 29,000 jobs have been lost across the crypto industry.
Bittrex Laying Off More Than 80 People
Cryptocurrency exchange Bittrex is reducing its staff by more than 80 people, citing market conditions. CEO Richie Lai told employees that they had been working to reduce expenses and increase efficiencies but were not successful due to the “new economic environment” of the market downturn. The reductions affected at least some employees in most departments across Bittrex.
The Market Downturn
The “market downturn” has resulted from multiple failures in the crypto ecosystem and has caused crypto companies to reset their strategy and balance investments with this new economic environment. This follows other crypto exchanges such as Gemini and Coinbase, who also announced layoffs due to sharp declines in cryptocurrency prices and the collapse of FTX exchange and other prominent crypto firms.
Impact on Crypto Industry
CoinDesk estimates that since April more than 29,000 jobs have been lost across the entire crypto industry based on media reports and press releases. These job losses are likely to continue as many companies adjust their strategies for operating within this new economic environment.
Richie Lai’s Letter To Employees
In a leaked email on Twitter, CEO Richie Lai told employees: “We’ve worked aggressively to reduce our expenses while increasing our efficiency over time — sadly these efforts weren’t enough given our current situation.” He went on to encourage all remaining employees to remain focused on their work despite this difficult news.
As cryptocurrencies continue facing challenging times, many exchanges are being forced into making tough decisions about how they operate within this new economic environment — which includes significant layoffs for many employees across the industry. Companies like Bittrex are doing their best to minimize disruption while still remaining competitive in a tumultuous market place.